Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions (BOFs)
Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions have been a staple of SC conferences since they were still called Supercomputing conferences. SC09 continues this tradition with a full schedule of exciting, informal, interactive sessions devoted to special topics, including:
- Future of HPC (e.g. exascale software, sustainability)
- Lists and Competitions (e.g. Top500, Green 500, HPC Challenge)
- Software Packages (e.g. MPICH, OSCAR, PBS, eclipse)
- Languages and Programming Models (e.g. OpenMP, MPI, PGAS)
- Government Initiatives and Groups (e.g. NSF HECURA, INCITE, European initiatives)
In addition, there are many other specialized topics, from fault tolerance to parallel I/O. With 60 BOFs (selected from over 90 submission) over the course of 3 days, there is sure to be something of interest for everyone.
BOFs meet Tuesday and Wednesday at 12:15-1:15 and 5:30-7:00, and Thursday at 12:15-1:15.
See the Schedule for all SC Events